Star News - Connecting Our Communities

News Sickle Arrow NSA Black Earth Cross Plains

Find out if you need flood insurance

Resources available at the Mazo Village Office and Mazo Free Library


September 28, 2017

Flood insurance is available to everyone and may be purchased from your local insurance agent. If your property is located in a floodplain and you have a mortgage with a federally insured financial institution or FHA, VA, or FMHA, flood insurance is required. Financial service institutions processing mortgage applications are now required to determine and inform prospective buyers whether or not the parcel they are buying is located within a 100-year flood plain. There is a 30-day waiting period before the flood insurance goes into effect.

All communities with a navigable body of water h...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018

Rendered 09/20/2018 17:09